Tuesday 10 September 2013

Profriends: Great Comfort Food for Your Comfortable Home


Since I enjoy food so much, I thought about posting about it. The –ber months have arrived and it’s usually the best time to enjoy warm hearty dishes by yourself or with family and friends during holidays. Here are some of the wonderful comfort food I always love to buy and eat at home! They are enjoyable to eat especially if you live in a comfy home like ours at Lancaster New City (Profriends / Property Company of Friends Inc).

First, Wendy’s baked potato. It’s got all that chili goodness with cheese. Potato + Chili + Cheese = Comfy goodness! I love it so much it’s the only reason why I love going to Wendy’s. Well, that and the bacon cheeseburger. I feel like my soul is happy when eating this, not just my tummy! I guess this is what soul food is like.
Image source: abysstrancer.onsugar.com

Chocolate is comfort food especially to women. But I don’t like it as is (except for Reese’s Peanut Butter cups and Butterfinger! Yum!). I prefer the baked version of it like brownies! For me, the best store-bought brownies are the ones from Kenny Roger’s. Yes, their muffins are good but their brownies are heavenly! Try placing some in the freezer for a while before eating it. It’s so good with or without ice cream.
Image source: foodspotting.com

Goldilock’s brownies are yummy as well even if they are cheaper. I enjoy downing some of those, too, during my chocolate cravings.

Since we are on the topic of sweets, here’s another nice comfort sweet – Korean bite-size cakes from Moshi Manju! They are always freshly-made and yummy to eat! But they are still as yummy after being chilled in the fridge. I love all the fillings! I could always smell them from far away so I couldn’t resist buying a box whenever I see a stall!
Image source: Bubblews.com

For the final dessert, it’s what mostly everyone enjoys. I scream for ice cream! But not just any ice cream, I go for McDonald’s Hot Fudge sundae and caramel sundae. Of course, I very much enjoy Selecta’s Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups ice cream! Recently, I fell in love with Cold Stone Creamery’s salted caramel and French vanilla and McDo’s blueberry sundae! Yum yum!
Image source: mamiandfamily.blogspot.com

Pizza. Who doesn’t love pizza? But what is the ultimate pizza? There are so many to choose from! For me, I enjoy Pizza Hut’s Cheesy Pops and Domino’s Potato pizza. When it comes to dine-in, I love Bistro Ravioli. I often eat there when I visit Glorietta. Their pizza and pasta are so damn good! Haven’t tried their desserts yet though.
Image source: pizzahut.com.ph

Comfort food does not have to be unhealthy all the time. There are healthy comfort food selections as well like baked Taro chips (I buy in the Supermarket) and grilled Korean barbecue wrapped in romaine or lettuce. Yum! The combination of comfy meat and refreshing veggie is just divine! My mouth is watering just thinking about it!





No comments:

Post a Comment