Monday 9 September 2013

ProFriends: Of Plants and Trees


I am developing a green thumb thanks to my mom. We have planted some flowers on our Lancaster home’s (PROFRIENDS or Property Company of Friends Inc) yard like sampaguita, santan, and gumamela. So far, some of them have bloomed and they are very pretty. It felt very fulfilling or satisfactory that I cultivated something so pretty. I am thinking of planting a few sunflowers, too. They grow so tall and so pretty!

We are also thinking of planting some fruits or veggies. Nothing ambitious though! Our ProFriends home is not too big for so many plants. Well, we wish it were! We are planning on planting little red chilis, calamansi, and some herbs. I envy how those cooks and chefs in the cooking channels so easily get fresh herbs from their mini gardens. There are herbs available in Supermarkets but most of them are dried. I think it would be great to try the fresh ones as well!

Cute happy pig plant pot I found on the Internet

Since we are on the topic of plants, there are a few plants and trees which I think would look nice in Pro-Friends Lancaster New City. Mango trees and coconut trees are nice but they are the usual kind of trees seen elsewhere. If Lancaster NC wants to stand out, then plant hard-to-find trees like Macopa, Duhat, and Alatiris. These trees remind me so much of my childhood. Oh, the Kamias plant/tree would be a nice addition, too! Then people can just pick of some of the fruits and enjoy them on a nice warm day. If there were such trees, home sales might increase some more. Haha! Next thing I know, I will be suggesting some landscape designs as well! LOL! And oh yeah, NO banana trees! I heard they attract nasty termites.

When it comes to plants, I think Bird’s Paradise, aloe vera, and Brugmansia (yellow bell), and Heliconia would be a nice sight to see. Pro Friends can even launch a campaign or community event for this. Planting for a cause would be great! We would surely participate! I am not sure about my sister though. She is not into planting and other outdoor activities. The only outdoor activity she enjoys is swimming and lounging on the sand. I could just ask my sister to make baked goods with plant-themed designs for such an occasion so that she could participate as well.

The new Lancaster logo has a green leaves design so I think it would be better to further promote the estate’s “greenness” through a plant drive. Maybe I should put this in a suggestion box somewhere, huh? But PCFI is so busy so I am not sure if they will consider this suggestion. I just hope they stumble upon this blog post soon. LOL!

Well, these are just my two cents. How about you guys? Do you have tree or plant suggestions for Lancaster? I think I am missing a nice tree here, I just can’t remember.








No comments:

Post a Comment