Wednesday 11 September 2013

Profriends: Maintaining A Clean Home While Owning A Pet


Recently, I talked about plants in our home and Lancaster New City (Profriends / Property Company of Friends Inc.) community. Now, I am going to write about pets. My sister brought up the idea since she wants to have a puppy. My mom is a loving soul so she likes animals as much as she lives plants. I, on the other hand, like pets, too, but am concerned about the hygiene and overall cleanliness of our home in case we do get a pet. So I did a bit of research and thought about how to maintain a home while owning a pet. I am considering these tips, too, since the cute female Shitzu pup my friend is offering me needs an owner/s.



So here’s what I learned when it comes to maintaining a hygienic pet and a hygienic home. First, dogs can be trained to poop or pee on a certain spot. It may take time but they are intelligent enough to learn (thankful for that!). Then, my friend told me to feed our future pet with this kind of pet food that harden stools so that cleaning after them would be easy. There are doggie diapers, too, for when it’s that time of the month for female dogs. Daily bathing is not a problem but trimming the hair would mean visits to a pet groomer. My sister told me it’s not a problem since there’s a pet grooming service at Lancaster Square and she is willing to take the responsibility.

My friend also told me that hairy dogs tend to sweat a lot so they may smell after some time even when they have been already bathed. We have a scented diffuser at home so I am hoping that would win over such a smell? Also, some pet owners forget to clean dog houses or beds. The stink would definitely stick and build over time so it would be useless to groom pets if their house or bed is not cleaned as well. They would be unsightly, too. Mom said she’d take care of that so we’re counting on her.

Good thing I sweep the floor daily, too. I would get to clean up dog hair. Hope our future pet won’t shed a lot. Maybe we should invest in a lint roller though so that our clothes won’t be full of dog hair.

Finally, we are still planning on coming up with cute pet names. So far we have come up with for Garnet, Chloe, and Peachy for female and for Clover, Scooby, and Bob for male. We are still having a hard time deciding. Naming a dog is difficult for us; what more for babies? Haha! My friend suggested me some names like Diva, Blair and Sasha for female and Chief, Perry, and Terrence for male. I don’t like those though (sorry friend! Haha).


No comments:

Post a Comment