Wednesday 28 August 2013

Furniture Shopping for My Room


So this is it! This is going to be the first step for me to have my dream room. If I can’t have a dream house of my own, I might as well have a dream room of my own, right? Don’t get me wrong; I’m happy to live with my mom and sister under one roof – a Lancaster New City (project of ProFriends) roof that is.

Anyway, I first thought of a concept for my room. I want it to be clean and chic green-and-silver-themed room but with a touch of femininity. But after all the planning (especially since my room is not that big), I have started to online window shop. I won’t necessarily but online though (some prices are steep!); I’ll just try to hunt them offline or find some dupes.

Okay, first of all the walls will be green that ombres upward to a matte silver color. I got the inspiration from this lamp I saw online. Then my door would be dark brown so that it would look like a huge chocolate bar.
Bedding
I’d like to have silver (not the cheap flashy/shiny kind) bed fitting/sheets and pillowcases and then I’d like my blanket and accenting pillows or throw pillows to be green. Since most of these are bought in packs or sets, I could just reverse the color usage when it’s time to change sheets. Here’s a nice green linen set I saw at Lazada. The price is steep for my budget so I’ll just have to find a dupe. We’re going to request a carpenter to make my dark brown bed frame. Just a simple square with rounder corners would do since I would place a horizontal mirror instead of a headboard on the wall. A huge mirror would make the space look a bit bigger.
Storage
I don’t want to have any plastic containers in my room. I’d like it to be classy and clean like this Ikea storage case I saw at Weemall. It’s also pricey so I might try to find a dupe. This is perfect for displaying my expensive action figures or play arts.
A simple cabinet would do for me. I wanted an armoire (pasosyal kuno) but antiques or intricately-designed furniture would surely be out of my budget. I’ll just stick to a simple but big one (from ceiling to floor length) in a matte silver color. I was thinking of having sliding doors for it to save space but double doors would be good so that I could put up hooks on the inside and hang some belts or bags. I’ll paint that hooks green! I actually wanted to have a no-door cabinet like the one in this image but dust would easily get to my stuff if there were no doors.
As for the lighting, a simple white fluorescent is already on the ceiling but for lamps, I’d like to have two wall lamps beside my mirror (headboard). I want something like or similar to this.





No comments:

Post a Comment