Monday 5 August 2013

Our Lancaster Home


We recently moved in to our Lancaster “Alice” home. So far, the community is quiet since we have a few neighbors and these neighbors are not a rowdy bunch (thank God!). We haven’t quite met them yet since we’re always indoors. The weather’s hot so we would rather stay inside, thank you very much!

It’s quieter at night since construction of other homes would continue the next day. So far, we’re enjoying the serene environment and working from the comforts of our new home. We’re still not yet done with interior decorating though. We have so many plans that we don’t know how to start!
The Alice model home (Image source: Profriends)


Our house has a living room, dining room, kitchen, three bedrooms (we finally have separate rooms!), a bathroom, and a garage parking space (we don’t have a car though). We’re having trouble with decorating the living room and dining room since we three are very opinionated. My mom wants an old-school living room design (not really retro; more of just stacking up things inside the living room). My sister wants a minimalistic modern design. I, on the other hand, want a 70s-inspired comfy living room. I want carpet and an L-type lounge couch. I like bean bags and lava lamps with incense.

The kitchen is another story. Again, mom wants something boring. Giant wooden dining table with a giant wooden spoon and fork décor (from our old home). My sister wants something crisp and clean. She wants white walls, white floor, and white ceiling accented with modern dark wood accents (table, chairs, wall clock, décor). My idea of a nice dining area would be something similar to my sister’s idea but with another color accent, preferably red. Then a small chandelier would add grandeur to the dining room.

But we’ll settle into that soon. When it comes to our rooms, we have our own free will. I like my room to be very me. I want people to step into it and immediately think “Oh, this is definitely Ria’s room.”
(Image from Pinterest)


I’m addicted to the color green. My family and friends know that very well. I like comfort as well so this open and comfortable room is what I aim for. The modern look yet having points of comfort is very appealing to me. Even my sister liked this image when I showed it to her. I just don’t want the floral designs though. I like the ethereal feel but maybe with another design like clovers, leaves or bamboos instead of flowers.

My actual room isn’t this spacious though so I can’t put a couch in there. A single bed with some Ottoman would do the trick. The huge mirrors and floor-length drapes would be a good idea, too, since it would give an illusion of a more spacious room. The backlit headboard would be a tricky thing to do. But I’m for it since it would be a nice nightlight instead of a lampshade. I am so excited! I just need money and I’m off to some DIY! J




No comments:

Post a Comment