Tuesday 13 August 2013

ProFriends: DIY Bedroom Decors (Part 1)


If it’s your first time reading from my blog, then allow me to do a recap. I decided to share other home and living topics in my blog to spice things up. This inspired me because of our lovely Lancaster New City home (Pro-friends). Anyway, here’s an interesting topic I promised before.

Do-it-yourself stuff is awesome. Thanks to Pinterest and Tumblr, many people are also taking interest in crafts. Why spend when you can make? My mom and sister call me cheapskate. But I see myself as thrifty! If you’re a money-saver like me, then you’ll love these do-it-yourself ideas I found! J

Seashell Art
I saw this nice piece from theroosterandthehen.com and it’s really nice. It looks expensive yet I know making it would be cheap. I could buy a cheap wooden frame or reuse an old one (I’ll scavenge the weekend garage sale my friend will hold soon) and finally use some of the shells I collected from our Boracay trip last summer. Ever since I was young, I love collecting seashells whenever I go to the beach (and I lost all of them. I think my mom throws them away). Anyway, I’ll just spray paint my best looking shells and hot glue them to a very tasteful frame. How’s that for wall art?

Heart Photo Collage

I found this awesome girl, Bethany, on youtube with her room organization ideas. She’s got great tips and a nice room. I liked the heart photo collage since it’s easy to do! Why spend money on photo frames that take up space and can hold only one or two photos when you can create a wall photo collage that saves space and saves money? I’ll be hanging my family’s and friends’ photos and maybe some artsy fartsy photos, too, like what Bethany did. J If I’m going to hang something, I want visitors to really take interest in it and this DIY will surely attract eyes. But I may do another shape instead of heart. Hearts are too girly for me.


Screengrab of the DIY tutorial video


Accessory Holder

I can use our old glass candleholders for this! They’re just gathering dust so this DIY is perfect. I can make one for my sister, too, since she has more accessories than me. The video is entertaining to watch, too. With just a stick, cork, gluegun, and spray paint, I’m all set! I’m going to paint mine either mint green or black.


Screengrab from the tutorial video

Lit Drapes

There’s no DIY instruction for this. I just found it on Pinterest and it’s really nice. It has an ethereal feel to it. I’m not yet so sure if it will look good in my green modern bedroom though. I’ll just have to envision it. Still, I’m sharing it since it looks really nice and I bet it’s easy to do. With just a small hoop, Christmas lights and light cloth can be draped to the floor. This can be a good night light as well.



That’s for now. See you guys for Part 2!






No comments:

Post a Comment