Wednesday 7 August 2013

My Dream Bachelorette Pad


During my teens, I used to dream about my own bachelorette pad. I thought I would get one once I started working. I was busy planning it and drawing the interior at the back of my notebook. It was a small place wherein the ground floor served as a garage for my car and for a visitor’s car. There was a steel but modern and elegant staircase leading to my pad.

Upon entering the door, a Japanese-themed/style interior welcomed anyone. There was a beautiful kimono and authentic Samurai sword on display near a chic-looking kotatsu. On the corner, there were bean bags. That corner was concave to make it really feel cozy. It also had a glass window ceiling to have a partial view of the clouds and stars. It’s like an inspiration nook. Since the space was limited, the walls had hidden drawers for storing small stuff or for holding drinks. Its Japanese-themed remember? So there would be ninja drawers.
Japanese Kimono Rack


There was also a counter/bar/window connected to the kitchen. It resembled that of a Japanese noodle stall; with the curtains, lanterns, signs, and stools. Beside that counter led anyone to a small den that led to my room, guest room, bathroom, and kitchen. The kitchen was very clean and orderly. I like to bake and cook so I want a complete and orderly kitchen. The bathroom was like paradise. It was blue and green in color with small plants and stones inside. It had a tub that resembled a mountain spring. Then, the guest room was extravagant and unique. Being Filipino, it’s in me to be hospitable and make my guests feel comfy. But I wanted them to feel more than comfy. I wanted to let them feel like a superstar! The guest room had a white door with a big yellow star-shaped whiteboard. That way, it was easier to change the names of guests visiting. Upon entering, guests were surprised with a red carpet leading to the magnificent white bed. The walls were white with painted with silhouettes of a crowd and cameramen looking at anyone on the red carpet. In addition, a switch could be turned on to have the painted cameras of the cameramen blink/flash. To top it off, the dresser was like the ones seen on TV/movie sets or caravans (big mirrors with light bulbs and director’s chair).

Finally, my room was nothing special. It was carpeted with a huge glass sliding door/window (with sheer white curtains for privacy) leading to the terrace/veranda. That veranda had a sunbathing chair for relaxing. My bed was very comfy. Parallel to my bed was the door leading to the den and the corner of my room that had a work desk. Above that work desk was a flat screen TV installed onto the wall. Instead of a night light, my ceiling would have tiny stars that would look like the actual night sky.

It was fun recalling all of this. I thought I have forgotten about it but I’m surprised that I still remember every detail of my floor plan and decoration. But now, that dream cannot be realized since a better dream has been realized. Our Lancaster New City home (developer: Property Company of Friends or Profriends) is way better not because it is grander but because it is more of a home with my family living with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment