Sunday 11 August 2013

Home and Lifestyle Topics Added


Since I have been blogging so much about our PROFRIENDS (Property Company of Friends, Inc.) home so much, I think it is time to also add some home DIY ideas and maintenance to spice things up. But of course, our life in Lancaster will still be blogged.

Watch out for topics like:

“Securing the Home”
“DIY Bedroom Decors”
“Maintaining a Clean Home”
“Design Inspirations for Your Home”
…and so much more!
I’ll try to add some DIY handyman works posts as well if I can. We’re 3 women living under one room. I think I’ll have to use my inner-testosterone and work on some of the handyman deeds in the home since my sister and mom are very feminine. They’re either incapable of such dirty jobs or they’re just plain lazy.

Tools
Since we’re on that topic, I think I’ll have to purchase some tools for the home. I am thinking of buying the following:
-Power drill
-Wrenches
-Screwdrivers
-Pliers
-Hammer and nails
-Fire extinguisher
-Safety glasses
-Swiss knife

Did I miss out on anything? If I did, please comment below so that I will know what I missed. Thanks in advance! J

Undomesticated Me
I think I’m signing up to be the brawn in the house since I am undomesticated. I don’t have talent in cooking, baking, and sewing. I can do crafts though. Maybe because it involves tinkering? I think I’m more like my father. I am more comfortable in holding a screwdriver than a cooking spatula.

I tried cooking, baking and sewing before (in high school since it was a requirement) and I always ended up with a bland dish, burnt pastry, or ugly garment. I passed though since my teacher was very kind and she considered my efforts. I’m just not talented or born with a gift in those things. But when it came to carpentry, my works were good. Not superb but it was good.

I made a bird house once. It was our major project. I remember how my female classmates were frustrated with it. We were in an all-girls school and they were annoyed that we had to have such projects. Well, that was how it works. I was happy that it was that way because I discovered that I’m more capable in tinkering than in domesticated work. I can clean and wash dishes. I just can’t make things like meals and desserts.

Whenever my sister cooks or bakes, I’m always the one tasked on washing. It’s fine with me since I also get to eat her creations. They’re really tasty. I always bug her to create a food/recipe blog since she’s a talented cook. But I guess she already has her hands full with work so she doesn’t have time to create such a blog.

I remember when I read the Sophie Kinsella’s The Undomestic Goddess. I could totally relate to the heroine! It’s a fun read. I also liked her Can You Keep A Secret? She has many books but I haven’t read them apart from the two I mentioned.



No comments:

Post a Comment