Monday 26 August 2013

Nice Theme Rooms


Theme rooms are fun! It adds more interest into a space. It also allows people to really highlight their inner geekiness or weirdness when it comes to their love for just about anything – comic book character, color, celebrity, lifestyle, hobby, etc.

I used to imagine having one in our Lancaster New City (ProFriends project) home wherein I would display all kinds of cartoon collectibles. I am in my 20s but I still love watching cartoons! I try to search for DVD/CD copies of old ones that I loved. I also enjoy new cartoon shows like Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, Regular Show, Spongebob Squarepants, and Gumball.

Anyway, there are other people like me who want to convey that extreme fascination of something through a room. Here are some amazing finds:

Car Theme
Whenever I think of car themes, the movie Cars always come into mind. Or racing cars or race track comes into mind. But this one is quite creative and nice. I like the vintage style and it features a gas station. Wonder if this was sponsored though.. lol!

Under The Sea
I am sure many have thought of undersea theme but this one’s nice and simple. I like how even the ceiling was considered to be part of the theme room.

Harry Potter
I like Harry Potter (both book and film) and this Gryffindor-themed room is so great! The broom really makes it very reminiscent of the movie. Wonder if they can be used for sweeping the floors though?

Chinese/Bruce Lee
When the thought of Chinese comes to mind, I imagine red and gold and dragons. When Bruce Lee comes to mind, I think about nunchakus, the color yellow, and other fighting weapons. But this room I found is very simple yet executed nicely.

Pirate
This is cool! I think little boys would like it. It’s no pirate ship but the tarp on the headboard works well. I’m not sure if the wall was painted (if so, it’s amazing) but even if it’s just a wall sticker or wallpaper, it works well and really brings life to the space.

Color
I am not a fan of single color-themed rooms and I am not a fan of yellow but I find myself drawn to this yellow-themed room. Yes, it may burn some eyes but I think it’s energizing and inviting.

Batman
Mother of Bats! This room is very awesome! I’m sure hardcore DC comics or Batman fans will be astounded. This is a hotel room in Taiwan and I’m pretty sure plenty of visitors aims to book this room. Hmmm… is there a Poison Ivy room? I like her!

Adventure Time
OH. MY. GLOB. I just had to google it and here it is! There were more but this is the one I want the most! The tree house bed! The Beemo bedside table! The Gunter plushie! Oh wow! It’s mathematical!

Yacht/Boat
This is cool because it will really make anyone’s jaw drop and it can serve as a little hideout or play space for kids. I’m sure any kid would like to have this in his or her room.









No comments:

Post a Comment